Claims Occurring in Years 1 and 2 of Warranty Term
Leaks, defects and sheet metal flashing claims resulting from faulty workmanship occurring in years one (1) and two (2) of the warranty term shall be reported to the roofing contractor of record identified at the top of each warranty certificate.
Should the contractor of record be unable or unwilling to honor their responsibility under the terms of the warranty agreement, then claims shall be submitted in writing to ARCA.
Claims Occurring During the Remainder of the Warranty Term
Leak claims resulting from faulty workmanship occurring during the remainder of the warranty term shall be reported in writing to:
Alberta Roofing Contractors Association
2380 Pegasus Road NE
Calgary, Alberta T2E 8G8
Or By Facsimile: 403-250-1702
Or Email to: warrantyarcaonline.ca
One of the benefits of ARCA's claim procedure is that decisions are made locally by ARCA representatives.
Report claims to the appropriate party as soon as practical and in no case no more than thirty (30) days after occurrence. To assist ARCA administration with the efficient retrieval of information, the Certificate Number found in the upper right-hand corner of the warranty certificate is to be referenced on all correspondence.
Submissions shall include information substantiating the claim including a description of roofing defects observed, the nature of the leaking being experienced, the weather conditions at the time of leaking, approximate location(s) as well as any general information relating to the leak.
ARCA recommends that a marked-up roof plan showing suspected leak location(s) accompany the claim letter. For commercial projects, roof plans are included in the warranty binder and are found behind the warranty certificate.
The ARCA Warranty Certificate does not warranty the following:
- Premature deterioration of roof covering and roofing materials,
- Roof drainage system or the removal of accumulated debris,
- Leaking caused by alterations to the roofing system by others during the warranty term,
- Roofing system damage resulting from acts of God, inclement weather, the work of other trades, vandalism or abuse,
- Design or integrity of the structural building components and substrates supporting the roofing system, including the structural decking and fall arrest anchors,
- Contaminant spills such as oil, solvent and petroleum based liquids,
- Water damage related to inadequate ventilation, including condensation,
- Maintenance of caulking and sealant, and
- Sheet metal flashing finish.