How to Hire a Roofing Contractor
Before you hire a roofing contractor ask for proof of membership in the Alberta Roofing Contractors Association, your assurance of dealing with a qualified professional. An ARCA member confirms the following credentials are met:
- Business license in roofing
- Workers’ Compensation Board account in roofing
- Adequate liability insurance coverage for type of work required
- Sufficient staff to provide a journeyman roofer to supervise roofing operations
- A proven track record, both financially and technically, in roofing
- Can provide a list of past clients and similar projects as references
- Established company safety program (ACSA Certificate of Recognition)
- Ability to issue an ARCA Warranty Certificate
Membership in the Alberta Roofing Contractors Association is only granted upon successful completion of an extensive screening and qualifying process. The screening is based upon business and technical expertise, financial track record, and established history in providing professional service to customers and clients. Only members are eligible to offer an ARCA Warranty Certificate - a warranty covering workmanship of the entire roof system including metal flashings.
Ask your roofing contractor for details of the ARCA Warranty Certificate.