- Members are required to meet qualifications for the issuance of ARCA Warranty Ltd. Warranty Certificate.
- Members must abide by all Federal, Provincial and Municipal regulations applicable to the roofing industry.
Approved Contractor Requirements
- During the first two years of membership, post a $100,000 Financial Surety Bond within thirty (30) days following the date of acceptance by the Board and forward confirmation to ARCA administration. A bond of $100,000 is required thereafter as long as the membership is in good standing.
- Submit a written declaration that the company's principals/officials have received, reviewed and agree to be bound by ARCA bylaws and policies during their ARCA membership.
- Obtain membership in the Canadian Roofing Contractors Association. ARCA will invoice the contractor member for their annual CRCA membership dues, approximately sixty (60) days after being granted membership.
- Pay all dues, assessments, membership fees, charges, levies made by and payable to the Association sixty (60) days from the date of invoice.
- Actively participate in Association meetings, committees and activities.
Change of Company Name or Ownership
Members must notify ARCA in writing of the company name change and/or ownership change and provide evidence that the Financial Surety Bond issued of the member is applicable to the new corporation. The new corporation must undertake in writing that they will assume all obligations, which the former corporation had or will have, relating to the Association.
No member shall supply or employ on a sub-contract basis, personnel of non-members for the application of Low-Slope roofing systems and related sheetmetal flashings. Fabrication of sheet metal is permitted by others.
Sub-Contracting for Steep-Slope units, metal roofing systems and related sheetmetal flashings is acceptable, however, supervision of the sub-contractor is the responsibility of the member roofing contractor.
On an annual basis, each voting member shall provide confirmation of the company representative who is entitled to vote on matters pertaining to the Association.
When a contractor member establishes a branch office in a different geographic location, city or town, after six (6) months ARCA shall consider this branch office as an additional member, and shall invoice the branch office for annual dues and monthly assessments.
Change of Membership Category
Steep-Slope Roofing Contractor Members may become ARCA Low-Slope Roofing Members by undertaking the following:
- Notifies ARCA in writing that they wish to make an application to be Low-Slope Contractor Members prior to undertaking activities in that category.
- Agrees to pay the appropriate Low-Slope roofing fees, dues and levies.
- The Zone Membership Chairman is notified of change of membership category
- After completing a six-month transition period, the applicant shall provide:
- Confirmation of journeymen roofers in their direct employment.
- A list of a minimum of three (3) projects completed during the transition period that comply with ARCA Minimum Requirements.
- Zone Membership Committee:
- Completes on-site inspections of a minimum of three (3) projects.
- Makes recommendation to the ARCA Board of Directors.
- Additional probationary period may be recommended by the Zone dependant upon the experience of the applicant.
Issuance of a Warranty Certificate
Warranty Certificates can only be issued for projects in the contractor category that a member is registered in.
Continuance of Membership Status
Non-compliance with any of the foregoing membership policies or Association bylaws shall be dealt with by the Board.