Jump to navigation
Serving Alberta's Roofing Industry Since 1961
Contractor Approval Process
- Notifies the ARCA administration in writing of their desire to become an ARCA roofing contractor member.
- Completes membership application for one of the following categories:
- Low-Slope Roofing Contractor
- Steep-Slope Roofing Contractor
- Metal Roofing Contractor
- Application shall be accompanied by:
- Letter of intent from a Financial Surety Company for issuance of the required bond in the amount of $100,000. Financial Surety Bond must be issued through a bonding company licensed in Alberta (submit to ARCA Warranty Ltd.)
- Applicant shall submit a $2,500 non-refundable application fee.
- Two sponsorship letters - one must be an ARCA Roofing Contractor member in good standing.
- Upon receipt of completed membership application, forwards applicant a copy of current ARCA bylaws, policies and Roofing Applications Standard Manual.
- Verifies membership application information is correct and forwards application to Zone Membership Chairman in which the applicant's business is registered in.
- Meets with applicant during membership approval process to review bylaws, answers questions, etc.
- On receipt of Membership Application from ARCA administration, the Zone Membership Chairman establishes a Membership Review Committee comprised as follows:
- A minimum of three Zone roofing contractor members.
- An ARCA administration representative at the discretion of the Zone membership committee.
- The Zone Membership Review Committee:
- Carries out a review of the contractor's business operations including inspection of their office and yard facilities.
- Inspect a minimum of five (5) projects selected from the list of ten (10) completed projects included on their membership application. Projects eligible for inspection shall be a minimum of twenty-five (25) squares in area for Low-Slope and Metal roofing and a minimum of fifteen (15) squares in area for Steep-Slope roofing.
- Complete a minimum of four (4) on-site inspections of projects in progress to ensure that the work complies with the Alberta Building Code requirements. Steep-Slope, Metal Roofing and Low-Slope projects shall be constructed to ARCA Application Standards.
- Verify the authenticity of the journeymen roofers, in direct employment of the applicant, listed on the membership application. NOTE: This is not a requirement for both Steep-Slope or Metal roofing contractor applications.
- Determine the roofing company's knowledge and experience of roofing.
- Present the Committee's findings to a Zone meeting for consideration by the Zone's contractor members. If application is approved by the Zone, it is forwarded to the ARCA Board with a recommendation to approve.
© 2016 Alberta Roofing Contractors Association